Wednesday 2 July 2014

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR ME, I AM ON THE UPPER ROAD!


"I'm going by the upper road, for that still holds the sun
I'm climbing through night's pastures where the starry rivers run;
If you should think to seek me in my old dark abode,
You'll find this writing on the door,
"She's on the Upper Road." (selected)
We sit and weep in vain, while the voice of the Almighty tells us to never stop moving upward and onward. (Streams in the Desert)"
God is in Heaven and all is well with my world. I am walking on the Upper Road and before I turn to the right or the left I will stop and listen for God's voice, saying "This is the way; walk in it". (Isaiah 30:21)
Tomorrow I will continue my journey upward in the knowledge that it is through the trials, the hardships, the pain, the disappointments, the joy, the happiness, the blessings - that it is through all these things I am growing into a woman God can be proud of and rejoice over.
It is because of my past - the good past and the not so good past - that I have searched my soul and assessed my character and realised that I needed to change. I have more empathy towards others and judge far less. I am able to forgive easier (especially myself), I am able to write about His faithfulness. I am able to love deeper because the hurt and pain have somehow shaped me into a more caring person. I have witnessed that He is a God who still performs miracles, that He is a God with the most wonderful sense of humour. I am able to be more open and honest with others. AND it is because of this past that I am able to look forward to the future with joy and hope and courage because my future is encompassed by Him.
Today, I just want to thank God for me and for you!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this lovely image of the Upper Road, Noelene - and as it says in 'Streams in the Desert' - if we don't have the valleys, how will be know we are on the peaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or rather..."how will we know" - eish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, Su.
    The be and the we ... as well!

    ReplyDelete