Friday 25 July 2014

I REALLY NEED TO GET MY 12 YEAR OLD A CELL PHONE!!

Our girls have a mini-mom.  Her name is Moyra.  She first came into our lives when our oldest daughter was four years old, our second daughter was two years old and we had not even thought about the third daughter yet!  We were looking for a baby-sitter and a friend recommended Moyra.
Moyra walked through the front door fifteen years ago and is still walking through the same front door on a regular basis.  She sort of evolved from being a baby sitter to being a mini-mom.  Our third daughter is now twelve and she grew up calling Moyra her mini-mom.
I would recommend that any one who has small children need to get a mini-mom.  They are great!  I hate clothing shopping - so when they were younger Moyra took the girls clothing shopping.  If my husband and I both had to be away at the same time it was Moyra who moved in and looked after the girls.  She took them to Sunset concerts in the park and had sleepovers with them at her place.  She has wonderful taste in clothes and music (well, the music bit is debatable!) and is old enough to give sound 'dating' advice but young enough to know what is trendy.
She is beautiful and smart, has traveled the world from Malawi (her country of birth) to the Inca Jungle in Peru to travelling around Europe, has climbed two volcanoes and skydived (with my brother).

 Been a participant on Survivor SA, http://survivorsa.dstv.com/category/profiles/moyra-makina/ .

Winning a Jeep in one of the competitions!

And is running the New York marathon later this year to raise funds for CAMFED, www.camfed.org/donate/personal-fundraising/moyra-nyc-marathon/
 (All donations are welcome!!  Just click on the link above.)
(Moyra was all set to run it in 2012 but the race was cancelled because of the devastation wrought by Hurricane Sandy).

She has a lovely sense of humour and I have overheard her introducing herself to strangers as the 'black sheep' of the family.  If you look carefully at the photos you will see why!
The thing that I love about Moyra most, however, is the fact that she loves the Lord and she speaks to my children about Him.
You may be asking yourself what all this has got to do with the title of my blog.  Well, the thing is, that sometimes when I am on 'WhatsApp' with Moyra my youngest daughter will give me a message to give to Moyra, then Moyra will give me a message to give to my daughter, then she will give me a message to give back to Moyra - I am sure you are getting the picture.  That's when I thought to myself "I really need to get this child a cell phone!"  I won't though - I will continue to hold out against all the pressure being brought against me till she turns 13 years old!
Their message/conversation via me went like this yesterday:
Me:  "Em says she loves you".  Moyra:  "Tell her I love her more!"  Em via me:  "Tell her I love her most"  Moyra:  "Tell her I am gonna win this fight cos I love her mostest!  And my heart's bigger cos I am older so it can love more".
And it was that last sentence that really got to me "my heart's bigger cos I am older so it can love more".
Before time began, God was.  "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Genesis 1:1)
God was here before the beginning of the world, so can you just imagine how old He is, and how big His heart must be by now, and how much more He loves us than we could ever love Him?
"Give thanks to the Lord, for His love endures forever"  (1 Chronicles 16:43)

THANK YOU MOYRA FOR BEING SUCH AN INTEGRAL PART OF OUR LIVES AND FOR ALLOWING US TO LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment