Wednesday 15 May 2013

A WORK IN PROGRESS!


 
Every person on this earth started their lives as a blessing!
In the Bible we read that “children are a gift from the Lord – they are a blessing”1
Therefore we are all blessings.
We are children of an Almighty God and we need to start believing that and acting accordingly.
God says in His word that “where there is no vision, the people perish.”2
We need to ask God to share His vision for our lives with us and to find out what His original plan was for our lives before the world got in the way and some of us fell so far short of what God had planned for us.

Before any of us are born God has already spoken a prophetic word over our lives.  He says in Jeremiah 29:11 “I know the plans I have for you.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.

We serve a God who has so much compassion for us He sent His Son to die on the Cross in our place.  Jesus suffered horrific humiliation, He was mocked and those He loved and cared for turned their backs on Him when He needed them most.

God knows exactly how sinful we are, how petty and nasty we can be and yet He still chose to send His son to die on that Cross.  It is through the death and resurrection of Jesus that we can enter into a relationship with God.  He says “If we confess our sins He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”.3

My husband married a broken and damaged woman.  I had no sense of self worth,  I struggled with feelings of total inadequacy and had built so many barriers around myself for fear of being hurt I am utterly amazed that he even took the time to get to know me never mind marry me!

We have been married for 21 years now and a few years ago I asked him what he had seen in me that made him want to marry me.  His answer shocked me.  He said he had seen a wholeness in me.  I was a broken person and yet God gave him this image, this vision of wholeness and through the years because of his love and the fact that he has always treated me as a whole person I have been able to grow into wholeness.  I am still a work in progress!

From the time we are born God sees us as whole people.  If we have accepted Jesus Christ into our lives, if we are committed to living for Him God looks at us through the image of Jesus Christ.  “God created man in His own image, in the image of God”4
We need to ask God what His vision is for our lives and then through His love we need to start living that vision.

 
1Psalm 127, Holy Bible, NIV
2Proverbs 29:18, Holy Bible, KJV
31 John 1:9, Holy Bible, NIV
4Genesis 1:27, Holy Bible, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment