Monday 6 October 2014

DIVORCE HURTS KIDS (WHO THEN GROW INTO HURT ADULTS)

This blog IS for the mothers and fathers who have divorced and then ‘abandoned’ their children somewhere along the road of life.
It is NOT for the mothers and fathers who have divorced and have struggled through their own pain to love and comfort and care for their children.  Those are the parents “who love beyond themselves”.

I posted a poem entitled “I never knew you” to Facebook.  Within days it had been shared 300 times and there were 131 comments made on the post and many more on the shared pages.

Teenagers and grownups are suffering because of divorce.

The following are a few of the comments that were made:

I sent this to my dad, and didn't even get a reply

I feel exactly like this...but I thought I was the only one with this feeling

I knw d feeling,m feeling it ryt nw.I so wish he could read ths

I feel de same way and i always wanted som1 to tell my story thanks

Reading this with tears in М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ eyes!! _ knowing that God is restoring households!! and mending broken hearts!!

I wish the father of my child could read this

 Mmm X wens die vaders kn dt lees en besef wter leed hlle an hulle kinders doen (mmm I wish the fathers could read this and see the damage they are doing to their children)

I wish that all father's can read this and understand what these children go through in life

I wish my dad can read this

How many fathers don’t want to know or acknowledge their children or want only to be part of certain children’s lives the others must carry on. I see the hurt the children suffer because their father has rejected one the others he accepted. Sad. God must deal with them.

Ouers dat dit n eye opener vir julle wees Di is regtig hartseer (Parents let this be an eye opener It is really heart sore)

 Story of my life

It’s like you are talking to my dad

This is only 13 comments out of a 131 and in the time it has taken me to copy these comments 11 more comments have been made.

The wonderful news for me and these teenagers and adults is the fact that:

God, however, has seen every tear that we have cried and He has lovingly "recorded all my tears and preserved them in His bottle! He recorded every one in His book" (Psalms 56:8)

How wonderful is that - God has seen and recorded every tear we have ever cried and with compassion in His heart has collected those tears and kept them, and us, close to His heart.
He is also the One who "will wipe away all tears" (Isaiah 25:8)

Jesus came into this world "to BIND UP the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, ....to COMFORT all who mourn, and PROVIDE for those who GRIEVE...to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of GLADNESS instead of MOURNING, and a garment of PRAISE instead of a spirit of DESPAIR" (Isaiah 61:1-3)

God is our HEAVENLY FATHER and Jesus our COMFORTER

I NEVER KNEW YOU

Just because I’m not with you,
Does not mean I’m not here.
Just because I am a child,
Does not mean you can forget me.
I’ve got a right to know what you are doing,
I’ve got a right to expect to be loved by you.
I want to be part of your life,
I want to be needed by you.
But you will never need me,
You are too self-contained.
Just because I’m not with you,
Just because I cannot share your life,
Does not mean I don’t love you,
Does not mean I don’t need you.
Sometimes I watch a father and a child,
Laughing together,
At something only they can see.
We will never be able to share that kind of feeling,
Because I don’t know you and you don’t know me.
And it’s too late now to understand each other,
Because when we meet,
We are strangers -and yet- you gave me life.

"The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces"
Isaiah 25:8

Extract from “God’s Promise for Families”


No comments:

Post a Comment